Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My frame was not hidden from You
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in Your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are Your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand
    when I awake, I am still with you. Psalm 139

I love this verse. It is so comforting to know that God is in control and sovereign over our lives before we even are created. I find this comforting for myself when I feel forgotten or unseen by God and this verse gives me great peace in accepting the LORDs will for Nehemiah's life. 

Nehemiah, my sweet little love. It has been one year since you've been born. A year ago from tomorrow you entered the world and changed our lives forever. It was probably the best day of my life along with the day I married your daddy. The LORD gave us such excitement and peace the day you came into the world. There were so many unknowns, and yet the strongest feelings we had were just excitement on meeting our own little boy we had fallen in love with over the past nine months. We had waited and prayed and waited, and loved feeling your growth and kicks and we had finally made it to the day when we would get to hold you and look into your face and tell you we loved you so much. And we made it! By the LORDs grace you came into this world crying and full of life. Your daddy was with you every second as you were brought into the NICU, he didn't want to leave you for a moment. You were so perfect love, your sweet little fingers and face and toes. We loved every part of you and were so amazed that our son had arrived! Each day we had with you to learn about your little personality and to get to be your parents was beyond precious to us and stays in our hearts and minds everyday. We prayed over you for nine months and 19 days that the LORDs will would be done in your life and that you would be His and that you would glorify Him. We know He has answered. We are thankful He allowed us nine months and 19 days to be with you here on earth and we cannot wait to be with you in eternity. You will always be our son and we are thankful you are safe with the Father. We miss you every day love, you are forever imprinted on our hearts. We love you. -Mommy and daddy

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, thank you for opening your heart. This is so beautiful; I had tears in my eyes as I read it. Your faith is so strong, and I am thankful to call you my friend. Blessings to you today as you remember Nehemiah.

    ReplyDelete